Last week we began talking about our goals for the school year. After sharing our goals, we made a fantastic list of behaviors we will need to remember to follow in order to accomplish our goals. Here are the behaviors:
- Believe in yourself
- Positive thinking
- Try again, stick with it
- Asking/giving help
Next we began to develop our norms for the school year. These norms are a list of commitments we will hold each other to in order to help us reach our goals. Here are the norms we came up with:
- Believe in yourself and in others.
- Keep trying, even if something is hard.
- Take responsibility for your energy level, your emotions and your body to maintain a peaceful school atmosphere.
- Be willing to take risks and encourage other to do so, too.
- Help yourself and help other to help themselves.
- Remember to have fun.
- Focus on Focusing.
|Next the students made signs for the norms.|
|The students believed these norms were so important they decided to make three sets of norms--one set for each classroom and a set for the hallway.|
With norms like these, I think we will have a fantastic year!